Sunday, March 25, 2012

[colors] series - pink.


i have about as much patience for the color [pink] as i do for my grandmother.

she is quite like a macaroon - appearances are everything, artificially sweet to the point of cloying, all sugar and no substance.

"sunday brunch," my mother said, more pleading than asking, "you'll have fun, i promise." 

and so i sat there for two hours as she tried much too hard to win my affection, smothering me in flimsy cotton candy compliments.

she died a week later of a heart attack, leaving me filled with the taste of suffocatingly [pink] guilt.

~

more on the [colors] series - original post and other entries

1 comment:

Alanna said...

I love it! It is a lot more sad than the others.. And even though it is a short story, it is somehow exactly how I feel right now